LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We may use Personal Data for our legitimate business interests that include running our business, as well as engaging and developing great talent. Our processing of Personal Data collected from our Site is based primarily on this justification. However, some uses of Personal Data may be necessary to comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Information Collected Directly From You
When you submit an application with us to become a Member or elect to receive emails or other communications from APBCo, we will ask you for information about you that can be used to contact or identify you. “Personal Data” as used in this Policy, is any information that relates to a living natural person and includes, but is not limited to, your name, email address, post address, and credit card or other billing information.
Our primary goals in collecting information are to (i) provide and improve our Site and Services, including, but not limited to, the services, features, and content contained therein; (ii) administer your use of the Site and Services and your membership with us, should you have one; and (iii) enable you and other users to access, enjoy and easily navigate the Site and Services.
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided when subscribing to our services (for example to receive information from us), posting material, or requesting further information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Technical details of your visits to our site including, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access. This may or may not include Personal Data.
We obtain information from you in three ways:
- either by you directly submitting your personal information,
- by the automatic collection of information about you as you use our Site,
- or from third parties.
Even though we can automatically process Personal Data, we will not use solely automated means of processing your Personal Data in such a way to have any significantly adverse impact to you.
Please note that information which cannot reasonably be related to you is not considered Personal Data and is not subject to this Policy. Only information which can be connected to you is subject to this Policy.
Information Collected Automatically
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
When you visit the Site, whether as a user or a Member, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before visiting our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to (i) monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Service and for the Site’s technical administration; (ii) increase our Site’s functionality, accessibility, and user-friendliness; and (iii) improve and better tailor it to our users’ needs.
APBCo may store some information on your computer when you access the Site. This information is commonly known as a “cookie” and once recorded is not accessible by any other company. A cookie is a piece of data that our Site automatically transfers to the hard drive of your PC or mobile device when your browser accesses our Site. Some cookies and similar technologies will maintain Personal Data. Some do not.
APBCo may also track user behavior on the Site. This information is used to enhance APBCo’s ability to provide the best experience possible to users, and is not provided to third parties for commercial or other purposes.
We occasionally carry out market research. A third party might help us to do this and they may send a cookie or web beacon. These technologies will not be used to collect Personal Data that will be used by third parties except as specified in this Policy.
USES OF INFORMATION
We use Personal Data held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site.
- To notify you about changes to what we do.
- To protect the integrity of our Site, our services, and our reputation.
- To prosecute or defend legal claims.
- To protect other users of our Site, and to ensure no unlawful or unethical activity occurs through our systems.
We may also use your Personal Data, or permit selected third parties to use your Personal Data, to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you do not want us to use your Personal Data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please indicate your choice on the relevant box on the form when we collect your Personal Data. Alternatively, you can opt-out of certain communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or by sending an unsubscribe request from the e-mail address at which you are receiving the messages to [email protected].
INFORMATION STORAGE, SHARING, AND DISCLOSURE
APBCo is a global organization. As a result, the data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, any of our locations; which may be inside or outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Our primary servers are in the United States of America. Data may also be processed by staff around the world working for us. These staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your information requests, or the provision of support services. If you submit your Personal Data, we will request that you agree to this transfer, storing, or processing. If we do not request your consent to such processing outside the EEA, we will implement suitable safeguards such as data transfer agreements using the standard contractual clauses as developed and approved by the European Commission. We will store Personal Data we collect about you as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it or where there is a legal obligation – laws or regulation that may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your personal data.
APBCo will not knowingly sell or distribute Personal Data to third parties for their marketing purposes. To the extent APBCo uses third parties to provide specific services or information to you, those third parties are only allowed to use your Personal Data to provide such services.
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of the business or assets.
- If APBCo, or substantially all of its assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held will be one of the transferred assets. Similarly, your personal information may be passed on to a successor in interest in the event of a reconstruction, liquidation, or administration.
- We also use demographic information to tailor the Site to the interests of our visitors.
- You may have accessed our Site through a hyperlink from the website of a third party such as Google. If so, your personal details, including behavioral patterns, are shared between us and that third party in accordance with our relationship with them.
- APBCo may share collected Log Data with affiliates, contractors, and other third parties.
You can ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. You may opt out at any time even if you have previously given your consent, although it will take a short while for the changes in your preferences to become effective. You can ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes by indicating your choice on the forms we use to collect your Personal Data.
Additionally, should you feel that Personal Data isn’t being processed in accordance with this Policy, you may object to such processing. We will respond to such requests within a reasonable time. You can also exercise these rights at any time by contacting us via email at [email protected]
In some countries you may have the right to exercise a number of legal rights in relation to the restricting the processing of your Personal Data that we hold about you and you can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out below.
These rights include: obtaining and accessing information regarding the processing of your personal information, requesting that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances, objecting to, and requesting that we restrict, our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, lodging a complaint with the relevant data protection authority, if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us. We can, on request, tell you which data protection authority is relevant to the processing of your personal information. You can exercise those rights by e-mailing [email protected]
Please note that whilst you may exercise these rights, there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled to refuse a request to exercise your rights.
CHANGING OR DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
All Members may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Data in their Accounts by visiting the “My Profile” section of the Site, or by contacting us at [email protected]
If you would like to close or delete your Account, please contact us at [email protected] However, we may continue to display your Member Content in situations in which it implicates or affects other users, and we may also retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Our Site contains links to other websites, online services or applications (each a “Third Party Website”). The fact that we link to a Third Party Website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over Third Party Websites. Such Third Party Websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit Personal Data from you. Other websites and online services may also follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the Personal Data you submit to them. Any links to Third Party Websites are provided to you for convenience purposes only, and you access them at your own risk. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of any Third Party Websites you visit.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES